PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES CENTER (PAC)
PAC is a 40,000 square foot facility which includes:
- Gymnsium with 6 basketball goals, 2 volleyball courts, a running area around the courts (17.5 laps make a mile). Volleyballs and basketballs are available at the front desk.
- Women’s Locker Room with a dry sauna, lockers, and showers is located on the first floor. Locks may be checked out at the front desk.
- Men’s Locker Room with locker and shower facilities is located on the first floor. Locks may be checked out at the front desk.
- 4 Racquetball Courts: To reserve a court
(sorry, only 1 hour at a time):
- call the PAC at 887-7295 at least 24 hours in advance
- please have your ID card # available
One court may be converted to play walleyball. Check with the front desk for equipment.
- Aerobic/Weight Room - This room contains aerobic equipment to include treadmills, elliptical trainers, recumbent cycles, and spinning cycles. The room also contains a weight station and free weights. To use the equipment you must receive instruction from a staff member on duty and fill out a waiver form. The room is also equipped with a television and music system.
- Dance and Fencing studio
- Mabel Fetterman-Held Fitness and Motor Performance Laboratory
- Classrooms with audio/visual equipment and computer access
The general public may use the track during the hours that MBC has not scheduled events on the playing field. The track is for walking/running only. No bikes, scooters, skateboards, or skates are allowed on the track. The track is closed during varsity athletic practices, scrimmages, games, and matches. It is also closed during VWIL parades. Dogs are not allowed on the playing field! As with indoor facilities, persons under 16 must be supervised by an adult.
SOCCER FIELD, HOCKEY FIELD, SOFTBALL FIELD
Soccer is played on lower field. Softball has its own field located behind the PAC. Dogs are not allowed on the playing fields!
May be used by any faculty, staff and their families. Guests are permitted on a one-to-three basis for the use of one court. The tennis courts are available for your use any time there is not a class, intercollegiate activity, or outside contract use taking place. There are seven lighted courts next to Tullidge Residence Hall. The lights can be turned on at night by calling security or the switchboard. Lights are shut off at 10:00 pm. A key may be checked out by an ID holder to unlock the courts. The key must be returned to have ID returned. Keys will not be issued for faculty or staff's personal use.